** With a 300 Page PDF and Worksheets to help you prepare **
Amazon Product Manager Interview Preparation is a comprehensive course about landing the coveted product management role at Amazon. Learn in a step by step manner how to ace this difficult interview at Amazon.
The approach of this course is to first teach you a chapter and then give you some homework to complete.
This course consists of worksheets, that you can download and combines both theory and practice to help you succeed.
The entire course contains of the following 8 sections:
1.The product management (pm) role – We’ll start by understanding the role of a product manager in general and as defined by the industry.
2.Amazon product manager role – We’ll then talk about the role of a product manager specifically at amazon.
3.Interview process – We’ll talk about the interview process for a pm at amazon.
4.Company information – We’ll then talk about the details about amazon as a company and the various products and services it has.
5.Questions – We’ll then get into the specific question types that amazon typically asks its candidates and how to attack each one. We’ll specifically cover the following question types:
- Behavioral questions
- Tradeoff questions
- Pricing questions
- Financial projections
- Strategy questions
- Customer experience questions
- Metrics questions
- Design questions
- Vision questions
- Estimation questions
6.Questions to ask – then, we will discuss what questions to ask during your interview.
7.Preparation plan and tips – we’ll then cover a number of preparation tips for the interview process and put together a time table for you to study.
8.Conclusion – finally we’ll end by summarizing everything in this chapter.
Sample Questions Covered
- How would you price the Kindle Fire HD?
- Amazon launched Display Advertisements on its web page, and it was a highly controversial decision within Amazon. Pick either the pro or con side of the argument. Explain your position of including ads on the site.
- Assume that you are the new Product Manager in our Amazon Prime business and are in charge of new Feature Development. What data would you look at to develop new features? What new features would they be?
- Assume you are the new Product Manager in our Amazon Prime business and are in charge of Pricing. The VP would like to lower the price from $79.99 per year to $69.99 per year. Making your own assumptions, develop the financial projections of this decision.
- Start a new category, division, or international market for Amazon. Which one do you choose and why?
- Choose a company that you believe provides a world-class customer experience. What do they do well? Choose a company you believe provides a poor customer experience. What do they do poorly? How would you improve it?
- Give me an example of a situation where you had to overcome major obstacles to achieve your objectives.
- Tell me about the last time you had an idea to improve the way things work. Was this idea implemented? Why or why not?
- Explain to me a time where you disagreed with the decision of a manager or higher ranked individual, how did this play out, what was the end decision?
- Describe a situation in which you communicated a very complicated situation to a group of people that were completely unfamiliar with the topic. What approach did you take?
- How many iPhones are sold in the US each year?